Energy Savings Tips
Make smart investments now and watch your savings grow exponentially year-to-year. PSO will even help you pay for it, with major, money-saving rebates.
- Keep your irrigation equipment in good condition. Routine maintenance, tuning and lubricating can significantly improve your system’s efficiency.
- Replace your V-belt drives. Upgrading equipment that uses those old drives can significantly reduce your power consumption.
- Adjust the usage schedule of your equipment throughout the day to reduce run times and take advantage of off-peak hours.
- Upgrade to high-efficiency machinery and equipment that requires less electricity to run.
Participate in PSO’s Peak Performers, our power management program that pays you for lowering your energy usage during peak events.
- Monitor your lighting usage. Installing timers and/or occupancy sensors on your lighting systems can make a big difference in your energy savings.
- Moderate your heating and cooling. Adjusting the temperature just a few degrees can make a big impact on your energy costs.
- Install programmable thermostats to accommodate multiple operating schedules.