Buffalo wings are awesome, but cold wings are the worst. Want your guests to be the big winners? Skip the carryout or delivery delay, and try this classic buffalo wings recipe that’s easy to make and impossible to beat!
This recipe comes courtesy of USA Today. Be sure to try any of their other 10 tasty recipes too.
- 12 whole chicken wings, cleaned and cut into flats and drums
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup hot sauce of your choice
- Celery salt (optional)
- Lemon pepper (optional)
- Oil for frying (peanut, vegetable or canola work best)
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Heat oil (or even better – skip the oil and try an energy efficient air fryer) to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry wings until golden brown and cooked through. This will take about 12-15 minutes depending on size.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan while the wings are frying. Stir in hot sauce. Add celery salt and/or lemon pepper to taste.
- Like your wings spicy? Add more hot sauce to butter. Like them mild? Add less.
- When the wings are cooked thoroughly, move them to a plate covered with paper towels to drain off excess oil.
- Toss the wings in the sauce and serve with blue cheese or ranch.
To make your big game party the best ever, this classic buffalo wings recipe is always a winning play!