Besides being an all-time rock n’ roll legend, Elvis Presley was also an aficionado of peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwiches. So what better way to celebrate National Peanut Butter Day on January 24 than with The King’s favorite sandwich?
We know what you’re thinking: How can an Elvis Sandwich be healthy? To be honest, we had “Suspicious Minds” about it too. But the magicians at Eat This, Not That! have a recipe that’s only 330 calories and 12 grams of fat!
Want a treat your kiddos will scarf down like a “Hound Dog?”
“Don’t Be Cruel” and try to make these sandwiches yourself!
- 1⁄4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread, lightly toasted
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (two slices are all you need for the smoky, savory flavor)
- Spread a generous layer of peanut butter on 4 pieces of the toast.
- Pave with the banana slices, drizzle with a light stream of honey, and scatter with the crumbled bacon pieces.
- Top with the remaining toast.
Sounds delish? Make a few of your own and your kids will be saying: “Thank ya, thank ya very much!”