Get The Most Out Of Your Insulation.
With these tips, you’ll be ready to roll.
- R-value is one of the most important considerations when choosing insulation. R-value is a measure of thermal resistance. The higher the number, the better the insulation.
- Use high R-value insulation such as spray foam on exterior walls. On cathedral ceilings, consider rigid foam to get more insulation with less thickness.
- Avoid fire hazards. Be careful when placing insulation next to a recessed light fixture—unless it is insulation contact (IC) rated—to avoid a fire hazard.
- Think “safety first.” Always wear protective gear when installing home insulation, and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to avoid safety hazards.
- Adding attic insulation is one of the most cost-effective ways to make your home more comfortable.
Get started by understanding how your home uses energy. Explore PSO’s My Energy Advisor tool to track your usage, set goals to reduce monthly bills and find rebates to help you save even more.