Halloween is almost here and you know what that means — trick-or-treaters!
Bored of same old, same old bagged candy?
Looking for a new fall favorite that’s sure to be a big hit with your family all autumn long!
Turns out candy corn and chocolate chip cookies go together like cozy sweaters and pumpkin spice lattes (or scary ghosts and goblins)!
So if you’re looking for something new that’s as easy to make as it’s fun to eat, try this sweet and simple cookie recipe, courtesy of Life’s Little Sweets!
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- 1 cup candy corn, or amount to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Using a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, both sugars, and vanilla extract.
- Add one egg at a time, beating well after adding each.
- Add in flour mixture 1/4 cup at a time.
- Add in chocolate morsels.
- Using a cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon, drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets. (Optionally, you can put the remaining dough in the refrigerator while cookies are baking.)
- Put 3 candy corn on each dough ball, press each piece of candy corn into the dough ball so it is embedded, otherwise, the candy might melt off the side of the cookie.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Allow cooling on sheets for about 10 minutes so the cookies can firm up and then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling.
Who says you can’t be sweet and spooky at the same time? Add these sweet trick-or-treats to your fall lineup, and you’ll be the most popular stop in the neighborhood!