After an action-packed afternoon of summer fun, you’re bound to get hungry. Instead of raiding the cookie jar, try these pineapple coconut energy balls, courtesy of Cupcakes and Kale Chips. They’re healthy, they take no baking (so no energy), and they’re delicious enough to satisfy a sweet tooth.
- 1 cup whole pitted dates
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped pineapple, drained if you’re using a can
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds or flaxseed meal
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until it forms a thick paste.
- Using about a tablespoon of the mixture, roll into balls.
- These will be soft, so store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Share with the kids, and have one yourself!