We’re all about saving you energy, including your own. We get it, sometimes after a long day at work the last thing you want to do is cook a meal.
Ditch the drive-thru and forget the app. For a nutritious and delicious summer dinner you can make in ten minutes flat, this easy spinach apple salad is where it’s at!
What better time to give this salad a try during National Salad Month? Of course, this scrumptious salad from A Couple Cooks is yummy all year long!
- ½ cup glazed walnuts or glazed pecans (or toasted walnuts or toasted pecans)
- 1 recipe Best Balsamic Dressing
- 1 apple
- 1 ripe pear
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups baby mixed greens
- Make the Glazed Walnuts or Glazed Pecans. (While they cook, prep the rest of the salad. Or, you can make these ahead!)
- Make the Best Balsamic Dressing.
- Core the apple and pear, cut them into thin slices.
- Place the greens on serving plates and top with apples, pears, and walnuts. Pour over the dressing and serve. (Pro tip: Dress it up by adding cubed Manchego cheese!)
Feeling a little more ambitious? This salad also tastes great with steak, chicken breast, or shrimp. And at only 318 calories per serving, you can afford to add a little dash of deliciousness!