If you’re looking for a tasty way to celebrate National Sandwich Month, this Turkey Avocado Club recipe is a sure bet. Join the club and add this delicious sandwich to your lineup. This recipe comes from Food Network.
- 8 slices whole-grain bread, lightly toasted
- 8 small leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 12 ounces sliced low-sodium deli turkey breast
- 1/2 small English cucumber, sliced
- Toss the onion, vinegar and water in a small bowl and let stand 15 minutes, then drain.
- Cook the turkey bacon until crisp.
- Mash the avocado and yogurt in a different small bowl until smooth. Mix with salt and pepper.
- Spread half of the avocado-yogurt mixture on four slices of bread.
- Add turkey breast, bacon, cucumber and red onion onto the four slices.
- Spread the rest of the avocado mixture on the other slices of bread.
- Set spread-side down on top of the sandwiches.
Recipe credit: Food Network
So simple. So scrumptious. Celebrate National Sandwich Month with the tantalizing Turkey Avocado Club.