Nothing says “summer” like red, white and blue pudding pops! When it comes to summertime favorites, these star-spangled treats rank right up there with burgers, hot dogs, sno-cones, and watermelon slices.
Ever wish you could make them yourself, but worried about making a mess? Great news — they’re as easy to make as they are tasty to enjoy! Did someone say, “summer family activity?”
Salute Simply Designing for this recipe your family is sure to go “pop” for!
- 3.9 oz box of vanilla instant pudding (or white chocolate or any other white-ish flavor you prefer)
- 2 cups milk
- Red and blue food coloring
- Popsicle molds
- Place milk and pudding mix in a bowl and whisk for about 2 minutes.
- Divide pudding into three different bowls. Add red food coloring to one (about 10 drops) and blue food coloring to the other (about 10 drops) leaving the third bowl of pudding uncolored. Mix until color is consistent throughout.
- Place three sandwich-size plastic bags in glasses, folding the edge of the bag over the edge of the cup.
- Pour each pudding color into a different bag and zip shut.
- Cut one corner off of each bag and fill popsicle molds with the pudding. We layered red first, then white, then blue.
- Place popsicle sticks into the molds and allow to freeze for several hours until fully frozen.
Try these sweet treats out and you’ll be humming “Yankee Doodle Dandy” all summer long!