Who could forget Saturday sleepovers chowing down on those cheesy, yummy delights? Pizza rolls taste like nostalgia (plus pepperoni and pizza sauce) and taste even better when they’re homemade.
Whether it’s a weekday snack or a movie night treat, share this childhood favorite with your family!
Shout out to Tornadough Alli (awesome name, BTW) for this recipe.
- Egg roll wrappers
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat 1″ to 2″ of oil in pan to 350 degrees or in deep fryer.
- Cut each of your egg roll wrappers into 4 squares.
- Chop your mozzarella cheese into smaller pieces.
- In bowl mix together pepperoni, pizza sauce and cheese.
- Place a teaspoon full of filling onto the left side of your egg roll, wrapper leaving 1/2″ above and below filling.
- Using your finger, wet all edges of wrapper with water.
- Gently roll your pizza roll up and press above and below filling to seal edges.
- Wet the top and bottom again and just gently fold each up to create a small seal. Make sure you seal tightly so they do not bust open in oil.
- Place about 4 into heated oil at a time frying for about 1-2 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping if desired.
Easy. Cheesy. Tasty. Feel free to spice things up with different ingredients. No matter the fillings you pick, this snack is always a surefire favorite!