After a busy day of cleaning, the temptation might be to grab something frozen and let your oven do all the work. However, with just a few minutes of prep, a handful of ingredients, and a basic outdoor grill, you can make a hearty, flavorful meal that rewards you and your family for all your hard work without using unnecessary energy.
Here’s how to make mustardy grilled corn and sausage kabobs* in under 30 minutes with just five ingredients, courtesy of MidwestLiving.
Vegetarians in the family? You can replace the sausage with squash, zucchini or your favorite vegetable.
Yields four servings.
- 2 large ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 8)
- 1 large green sweet pepper, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 1 14-ounce package kielbasa sausage, cut into 12 pieces
- 1/3 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Thread corn, kielbasa and sweet peppers on four long metal skewers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Italian dressing and mustard; brush some of the mixture on the kabobs before grilling.
- Grill, covered, directly over medium- to medium-high heat for 8 to 12 minutes, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining dressing mixture, until vegetables are tender and charred.
- Serve and enjoy!