The savings are no drop in the bucket.
Laundry and Dishes
- Wash laundry in cold water. Almost 90 percent of energy consumed by a washing machine goes to heating water.
- Wash full loads of laundry. A partial load still requires the same amount of energy to fill up your machine with water, so opt for full loads when at all possible.
- Wash full loads of dishes in your dishwasher, and use the energy saver selections on your dishwasher.
- Take shorter, cooler showers.
- Install low-flow showerheads to reduce your hot water usage.
- Locate and fix water leaks.
- If you have a swimming pool, install solar heaters to warm the water.
Get started by understanding how your home uses energy. Explore PSO’s Energy Insights tool to track your usage, set goals to reduce monthly bills and find rebates to help you save even more.