St. Patrick’s Day is one of the best parts about March! Celebrate Irish history and heritage with this tasty and hearty meal.
This authentically awesome Irish breakfast doesn’t cost a pot of gold and takes less than 30 minutes to make. It’s so easy and tasty, you may want to try it on days besides March 17th!
“Sláinte!” to Happy Foods Tube for this scrumptious recipe!
- 8 sausages
- 4 hash browns (cakes)
- 8 slices black pudding
- Butter or oil
- 8 bacon slices
- 8 mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 1 large tomato, quartered
- 4 eggs
- 1 can aked eans (14 ounces/400 grams)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the sausages, hash browns, and black pudding slices onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment (for easy clean up) and bake them until ready. The time will vary depending on the ingredients you use so keep an eye on them. You might need to take out some of them earlier.
- About 10 minutes into baking, turn the sausages, hash browns, and black pudding around for even cooking. Heat a little butter/oil in a large skillet/frying pan and fry bacon slices until cooked through. When ready, wrap them in a sheet of aluminum foil to keep them warm.
- In the same skillet/frying pan, fry the mushrooms and tomato (add more oil/butter, if needed). When ready, wrap them in aluminum foil.
- Check the items in the oven – some of them may be already done. If yes, take them out.
- Clean the skillet with a paper kitchen towel and add a little oil. When hot, crack the eggs in and fry on low/medium heat until they look to your liking. Using a lid will speed up the cooking process.
- Finally, heat up the beans (either in a microwave or in a skillet/frying pan).
- When ready, serve all the ingredients either on a baking tray, in a frying pan or plated individually.
You’re sure to have a happy St. Paddy’s Day (or any day) when you start your morning off with this breakfast!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day from all of us at PSO!