Has it been a long day at work? About to order dinner from your phone? Not so fast! Let’s bring family dinner back with this super-easy honey soy chicken recipe!
What makes it so special? Well, besides being delicious, it’s perfect for September, which is national chicken, rice and honey month. Who knew? So if you’re feeling festive, celebrate by taking out three birds (well, one bird – chicken) with one recipe.
Shout out to My Baking Addiction for this fantastic recipe (and an awesome name).
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cooked rice
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced green onion
- ½ pound cooked broccoli florets
- Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken strips; brown chicken on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir to combine. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Toss with the cooked broccoli, if desired, or serve the broccoli on the side.
- Serve over rice. Top with sesame seeds and sliced green onion.
So easy, so tasty, and it only takes 20 minutes tops. That’s less time than it takes to decide on your takeout order.