Are you nutty for fall? So are we! And we’ve got the perfect treat for your next fall family feast. This recipe makes two full loaves of sweet, pumpkin-spicy nut bread. So you can take one to grandma’s house and keep one for yourself.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) Pure Pumpkin
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup 100% apple juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Sift flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl. Combine pumpkin, sugar, apple juice, eggs, oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl; stir well. Stir in flour mixture and ¾ cup nuts.
- Spoon into prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of nuts over top of loaves.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Cut each loaf into 9 slices, then each slice in half.