When it comes to “warm weather essentials,” hot chocolate is right up there with comfy sweaters and cozy blankets. You’ll be thrilled to discover there’s a way to make hot chocolate even more fun—hot chocolate bombs!
These creative concoctions are like a bath bomb for your taste buds, with a sweet candy surprise inside a chocolate “bomb” that melts in your hot milk. Sounds like a 10 on the “yum” scale, right?
Your family will have a blast making them, and even more fun drinking them. Try out this recipe from allrecipes.
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Chocolate chips (milk, dark, white, etc.)
- Hot cocoa mix
- Add-ins, like mini marshmallows, sprinkles, or toffee piece
- Spherical silicone mold (available at many retailers)
- Melt your chocolate chips by microwaving them in a bowl for 30 seconds, stirring, then continuing to heat at 15-second intervals, and stir until the chips are all melted.
- Use a spoon to dollop the melted chocolate into your molds, smoothing it around the edges until everything is covered.
- Set in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate is firm.
- Fill your mold three-fourths full with your hot cocoa mix and optional add-ins.
- Pour the remaining chocolate over top to seal the “back” of the bombs. Place mold in the fridge until the chocolate sets.
- Serve in a mug, pouring hot milk over the bomb and stirring until completely melted.
For a tasty treat that’s sure to become a new holiday tradition, try these hot chocolate bombs out for yourself.