July is best known for burgers and hot dogs, but if you’re a patriot with a sweet tooth like us, nothing beats this cheesecake salad to keep the celebration going all month long.
We’re saluting this delicious recipe from southyourmouth.com because the yummy flavor flat out (red, white and) blew us away!
- 2 pounds strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 large (16-oz.) tub cool whip, thawed
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- Wash berries and remove stems.
- Cut strawberries into small pieces (similar in size to the mini marshmallows); set aside.
- In a very large bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla, salt and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Add half of cool whip and stir until smooth. Fold in remaining cool whip.
- Fold in strawberries, blueberries and mini marshmallows. Transfer into a resealable container to chill in refrigerator.
Much like our first president George Washington, we cannot tell a lie: This cheesecake salad is awesome!