You’ll never hear us turn down chocolates or roses, but there’s something extra special about getting a homemade gift from the one you love! This Valentine’s Day, show your loved one you care, and save energy, with these personalized carved candles!
This tip comes from hello glow, which has lots of other great DIY V-Day gift ideas!
- Linoleum Cutter
- Gold leaf pen
- Ball point pen
- Make your design. You can freehand the design. Ideas include: a heart with your initials on it; a zigzag or other geometric shape; something that has a special meaning to you, like your wedding anniversary date.
- Tape your design to a candle. You don’t want it to slip when you draw over it!
- Firmly trace over your design with a ballpoint pen. This will make the initial path you need for carving, so be extra careful.
- Go over your initial tracing with the linoleum cutter. The line should be wide and deep enough to fit the tip of your gold leaf pen.
- Go over the inside of your carving with a gold leaf pen. You may need a second coat to achieve the level of gold you want. Let dry and give this gift to your sweetheart!
This DIY gift is a wonderful way to say “I love you” to your spouse, kiddos, even your friends and family. Plus, burning a candle is a smart way to save energy (just be sure to practice candle safety when it’s lit)!