Restaurants use approximately 2.5 times more energy than other commercial buildings. Lighting and HVAC account for roughly 41% of energy use while food preparation accounts for approximately 35%.
At PSO, we have tools and resources to help restaurants achieve significant savings.
Consider the following steps to reduce costs and improve profitability:
- Replace inefficient T-12 fluorescent lighting with highly efficient T-8, T-5 or LED fixtures. The payback time is often less than one year.
- Replace old refrigeration equipment with ENERGY STAR® models and save up to 30% on refrigeration costs per year.
- Schedule annual HVAC maintenance for optimal efficiency.
- Install occupancy sensors in storage areas and break rooms. They automatically shut off lights and fans when rooms are empty.
- Apply for PSO rebates on cooling, lighting and site-specific projects.
- Take advantage of PSO’s commercial kitchen equipment rebates for electric fat fryers, steam cookers, insulated holding cabinets, griddles, convection ovens, refrigerators, freezers and ice machines.
Cook up additional savings with these low-cost tips:
- Set cooking schedules to use cooking equipment at full capacity.
- Turn off lights and equipment that aren’t in use.
- Adjust temperatures a few degrees — it can make a big impact on energy costs.
- Use window covers to control direct sunlight and adjust inside temperatures.
- Clean or replace HVAC filters monthly. Dirty filters waste energy and place unnecessary strain on your HVAC system.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with ENERGY STAR LEDs.
- Use power strips to control equipment, and educate staff about conservation.
With high-efficiency equipment and rebates from PSO, you can save thousands or more per year. Learn more about PSO rebates, or call 1.888.776.1366 to learn more.