When it comes to Thanksgiving desserts, nothing tops pumpkin pie and pecan pie. But what if you could combine the two and an ice cream sundae too?
Best. Dessert. Ever.
This pumpkin pecan sundae will taste great on Thanksgiving, but you don’t have to wait that long. Try out this recipe from Taste of Home for the perfect sweet treat on Thanksgiving Day…or any day!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
- 3 cups butter pecan ice cream
- 6 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and spices. Stir in pumpkin and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners’ (powdered) sugar and remaining vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop ice cream into six dessert dishes. Top each with 1/4 cup pumpkin sauce and 1/3 cup whipped cream. Sprinkle with pecans.
For a delicious sweet treat full of tasty fall flavors, this pumpkin pecan sundae may just be your new most popular Thanksgiving dessert!