Bored with the same old, same old DIY art projects? Here’s a super easy activity that is sure to make your kids happy (or should we say: “hippie?”): tie dye spin art!
It’s fast, easy and totally far out, dude! Go for a spin and try it out yourself.
We got this project from Good Housekeeping. They have lots of other craft ideas too. Check them out and keep your kiddos busy all summer long.
- Salad spinner
- Washable paint (we recommend Crayola Washable Fingerpaint)
- Squeeze bottles (travel-size shampoo bottles work)
- Coffee filters
- Fill squeeze bottles with washable paint.
- Place the coffee filter “canvas” in the basket of the salad spinner.
- Squirt colors onto the coffee filter canvas.
- Close lid and spin salad spinner. Continue to spin as much as you’d like.
- Hang on a clothespin and display in your home!
It’s tie dye to DIY for! Try it out and you’ll have your own little Picasso’s in no time.