Farming is tough business. And there’s no room for wasted energy. Around the country, America’s farmers are striving for greater productivity and searching for ways to cut costs.
There are numerous ways to trim energy costs:
- Adjusting the usage schedule of your equipment throughout the day
- Purchasing high-efficiency machinery and equipment
- Participating in PSO’s Peak Performers demand-response program
PSO also offers efficiency consultation services and custom incentives to reduce operating costs. As you evaluate your efficiency options, keep these helpful tips in mind:
- Moderate heating and cooling usage. Adjusting the temperature just a few degrees can make a big impact on your energy costs. Install programmable thermostats that can accommodate multiple operating schedules.
- Monitor lighting usage. Installing timers and/or occupancy sensors on your lighting systems can make a big difference.
- Maintain irrigation equipment. Routine maintenance, tuning and lubricating can significantly improve your system’s efficiency.
Replace V-belt drives. Replacing old V-belt drives can achieve far greater efficiencies and reduce your power consumption.
Let PSO help you save. Learn more about business rebates or call 1.888.776.1366 to speak with a friendly representative.